China

China

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Busy bee....

It's been quite a busy couple of weeks. My son and I have been enjoying the city. We've had some nice warmer days, which we've enjoyed with walks. We went to see the Jeff Dunham show live at the Wells Fargo Center, we visited his favorite hobby card shop, and took a tour of the State Penitentiary. My son just took the PSSA grade tests and he seemed to have done well. He said most of it was easy. I am so glad. He has been homeschooled since 1st grade and has been doing pretty well. So proud of him!

Had an interesting occurrence at the apartment complex about 2 weeks ago. An announcement was made that water was not available due to rain and some flooding throughout the area. It only lasted for an hour or so, but I guess that comes with apartment living as well.

Made an awesome music venue discovery! I visited the Clef Jazz Club twice in the last 3 weeks and what an incredible experience! For the first visit, I attended a tribute to Phyllis Hyman with incredible musicians and singers performing. The second event was a fundraiser for Bipolar research, and a tribute to Odean Pope, saxophone player, who suffers from the disorder. Both events were amazing! Bill Cosby attended the second event and it was such a treat to see him in person. The Clef Club is a bit of a hidden gold mine. Those in the business, students, family, and friends attend, but it's not a very popular venue. I kind of like the quaint atmosphere and hope it stays that way. It's definitely a place I plan to visit often. So many unique events to explore in the city. It's amazing!

2 comments:

  1. So. Busy little bee. When are ya having a house warming party?? Just make it a night that I dont have my boys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! Been so busy totally forgot about a house warming party...lol.

    ReplyDelete