China

China

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring is coming...but it's still cold!

Wow! It's been 5 months since my last post. Lots has happened.

Jordan is doing so well. He started 11th grade last fall. He is singing with School of Rock at the season shows and with the house band. He played at Underground Arts, Hard Rock Cafe, and Voltage Lounge. He will be playing at Milkboy and Johnny Brenda's this Spring. He sang Motown, Rock, and now Hip Hop & rap. The boy can sing! We are starting to look into colleges or tech schools. Can't believe he will be graduating high school soon. Amazing! He has turned out to be such a great person. So proud of him!

My Mom and Dad are doing pretty well. They are both in Norristown and in good health. Happy that they are doing well. I visit them every few weeks.

Since our last post we have been very busy. We moved into a new apartment close to the Northern Liberties area. We had to downsize on cost, mainly because we have to be getting ready for college kid soon. It's a smaller place, but it includes parking, and an extra small bedroom. We are still getting used to it. We did love our other apt., the location and space was very nice. But change is necessary. I do walk to work a few days a week. On those days, I stop by Reading Market or Chinatown and grab some goodies. The other days I drive since I have to get back to Jordan for his extracurricular activities.

We have slowed down since the fall, concentrating on school and work. Work has been tough since my change in position. My former director changed some areas at work before she left. A new director started and she has been even more challenging. Her style of management is a bit rough and I am having a lot of difficulty. It may mean it's time for a change in my work environment as well.

Haven't traveled much since the summer. Did a lot of traveling last Spring and Summer. Been saving for a big trip to China in a few weeks with Jordan. So excited! A dream come true for us. I did take a day trip to NYC in November. Did some bike riding and exploring there. Lots of fun! Spent Christmas with family and friends.......was very nice. Jordan turned 17 this past January and we celebrated big. Part of his birthday gift was the trip to China this April. We enjoyed the Mummer's parade on New Year's Day. We also enjoy movies out every couple of weeks, That is Jordan's and my favorite downtime activity. Jordan and I tried clay studio class. We created a few bowls. It was a new experience and we loved it. I continue to enjoy painting every month or so. We did visit the Franklin Institute and went to the Auto Show. I was on an oyster kick and checked out the Oyster House in Philly. I have gone to a couple of  PAFA -Art at Lunch seminars near my work. I also attend lunch church service -hour of power, near my work as well. I did discovered a new favorite place for brunch-Silk City. Yummo!

We have been enjoying other local restaurants for lunch and dinner, also some shows, and live music. Jordan and I discovered a Japanese BBQ house where we can grill our own meat and veggies at the table. Yum! I served on a jury for an injury case for the first time in Philadelphia. It was quite an experience.

This winter has been rough, lots of ice and snow. Looking forward to the milder Spring weather to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment