China

China

Friday, February 11, 2011

Finally Moved In!

The last couple of weeks have been very hectic, but I'm finally in my new apartment. Woohoo!! I love my new place! Have a balcony and a nice view of the Art Museum. Managed to unpack the essentials with the help of some friends. Still have some more to do, but got a lot done.

My son seems to be adjusting well. He actually admitted to me that he likes the place. He does miss the house and his friends though. I told him he will make new friends and can visit his other friends soon.

I decided to go out for the first time as a city gal and meet some friends, of all places, at Le Bec Fin. I had never been there before.
What a treat! My friend Carmen runs a meetup group so I decided to meet up for drinks and some food. I decided to walk from my apartment to Le Bec Fin, which is about 8 blocks away. It was cold and windy, froze my butt off, but enjoyed the walk nevertheless.

Ok, so those of you who know me well, know I hardly ever drink. But I decided to celebrate last night and had myself a glass of raspberry champagne......Yummy!I even got to sit close to Chef Georges Perrier for a bit. He was at the bar having hors devours and a drink. The bar tender was experimenting with new drinks for the Valentine's Day menu, and we all got to try the concauctions. We even helped with naming some of the drinks, Aphrodite and Eros, the his and hers drink for the Valentine Day menu.

Instead a full course meal, we ordered from the bar menu, and you would never guess what I had?! Sliders and fries! Yes...burger and fries at Le Bec Fin..lol. But they were the best I've ever had...I swear...lol!! We laughed about having a McD's meal at Le Bec Fin. We had a wonderful time, made new friends. It was a great evening in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment