China

China

Friday, February 18, 2011

Settling in....

So, it's almost 2 weeks since the move and all is well. Still have some boxes to unpack, but mostly nonessentials. I have been driving into work and I have to say, so far so good. The commute has only been 35-45 minutes and with no major traffic problems. We have been enjoying the city and neighborhood by taking walks. My kid has been pretty happy and that makes mommy very happy.

Last week we went to the movies on Delaware Avenue after having dinner at a great Chinese restaurant in Old City. We took a nice night walk downtown and yesterday we walked around our neighborhood. We got some groceries at the WholeFoods. We also found a restaurant nearby with YUMMY BAKED GOODS....Oh Yeah! Good food and sweets make me very happy.

We haven't had the chance to try out the indoor pool in the building yet. Apparently, it's being repaired, but hopefully it will be ready soon. I think that will be a way for my kid to make some new friends. There are a couple of activities we also want to do hoping to make him some new friends. Management has a party for tenants once a month. Also, there's a bulletin board and we may invite some parents over for a meet and greet.

I have been enjoying the city on my own as well. The first weekend in the city was quite busy. Been spending a lot of time with my honey and friends enjoying what the city has to offer. For a Valentine's Day celebration my honey and I went to Estia, my favorite Greek restaurant by the Avenue of the Arts. We then saw the Parenting 101 show at the Kimmel Center.....Hilarious! I recommend it to all the parents, grandparents, and anyone considering being a parent. You may reconsider after watching the show...lol.

We also went to see a Hypnosis Comedy Show, which started us out as participants, but I guess we were too uptight to be hypnotized because they told us both to sit our butts down after a few minutes...lol. Those that did participate did some very funny stuff. Not sure if they would want it on camera though....lol. I believe they videotaped the whole thing too. Good blackmailing material...lol.

Last night some of us checked out Vango, a funky restaurant and dance place. When we arrived around 7 there was no one there. We had a yummy seafood dinner and then people started arriving around 9. The DJ started playing some great soft soul music and then graduated to fast dance music. Thursday nights seem to be a good night, not too crowded, but enough people to enjoy some good mingling and dancing.

Boy....I'm tired already..lol. Not really. Have another busy week ahead and looking forward to every minute of it.

4 comments:

  1. Valentines day with you was great, you looked incredibly beautiful. So much so, that I felt nervous like it was our first date. You took my breath away!!. The show was too funny. That was a great choice!!  It was the perfect evening with the perfect women. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God...I am going to lose my lunch...you two are soooo mushy! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo...Yoda Denise....smart a**!LOL

    ReplyDelete